Texas’ FirstNet Consultation Meeting
On February 11 and 12, 2015, 142 representatives from Texas public safety disciplines; local, regional, State, and Federal governments; two Tribes; and seven other States attended the Texas Initial Consultation Meeting with FirstNet.
The purpose of the meeting was to provide an opportunity for the Texas public safety community to have a direct dialogue with FirstNet to discuss wireless broadband communication needs, ask questions, and learn more about FirstNet’s plans to implement a dedicated nationwide public safety broadband network.
Presentations given by the Texas Public Safety Broadband Program and other Texas entities can be found at the links below in addition to the meeting agenda.
If you would like to learn more about the Texas FirstNet Consultation Meeting, please email TxLTEoutreach@dps.texas.gov.
Additional information on FirstNet can be found at FirstNet.gov.
Meeting Materials and Presentation:
- FirstNet and Texas: Initial Consultation Meeting Agenda
- Intro: Texas Incidents and Events
- Texas State Consultation: The Texas Perspective
- Bastrop County Complex Fire
- West Explosion
- Next Generation 9-1-1 Update
- Harris County BigNET
- Brazos County: LTE in Action
- Texas Rural Strategic Advisory Group (Rural SAG)